Join us for free one hour sessions hosted by Julie Manners delivering a focused insight into an individual aspect of Microsoft Excel.
Short training sessions to focus on a specific topic.
1. 3rd February 2021: Basic Formulas Power Hour
Learn the basics of Excel formulas, try some examples, and uncover the mystery of absolute cell references.
- Create basic Formulas: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Autosum
- Brackets / BODMAS rule – the order of calculation
- Absolute cell references – to fix a cell reference in a formula
- Functions (SUM, MAX, MIN, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA)
- Fx – Insert function
- Quick Analysis
2. 17th February 2021: Advanced Formatting Power Hour
Learn how to use Conditional Formatting to apply coloured traffic light symbols or coloured backgrounds to cells when data meets certain conditions. Also use custom formats to display a number with text or with a leading zero. Use Text functions to format text eg Proper, Upper, Lower.
- Format Cells with Custom Number formats
- Conditional formatting
- Working with Styles
- Use Text functions to format text
- Paste Special – Transpose
- Text to Columns
- Flash Fill
3. 3rd March 2021: IF and VLOOKUP Functions Power Hour
IF and VLOOKUP - two of the most powerful and useful functions. Learn how the IF function allows the Spreadsheet to make decisions, based on conditions. Learn how VLOOKUP function allows data to be pulled in from another worksheet.
- Use Insert Function / Function Library
- IF / Nested IF/ IFS
- SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, AVERAGEIF, IFERROR
- Vertical Lookup (Vlookup)
- Compare Tables
- True/False argument
- Horizontal Lookup (Hlookup)
- Match and Index
4. 17th March 2021: PivotTables Power Hour
Don’t be afraid of PivotTables. A PivotTable will quickly and easily summarise a large amount of data and allow you to see the “Big Picture”. A PivotTable is an amazing slice-and-dice tool allowing you to sort, filter and analyse your data. Learn all you need to know to get started!
- Insert a PivotTable
- Change the PivotTable layout
- Group items
- Create calculated fields
- PivotTable Options
- Display and hide data in fields