This new course is designed by Intelligence Analysts who have worked at local, national and international levels on criminal investigations into Organised Crime Groups, Kidnaps and Terrorism. The one-day curriculum covers:
- The Investigatory Powers Act 2016,and requesting comms data.
- Attribution of telephones. The importance of attributing numbers and devices, and methods of attribution evidence collation.
- Techniques for analysis of Call Data, including:
- Common number and cell analysis.
- Using data to examine the geographical profile of a device, and therefore that of the user, identifying potential home addresses, meeting locations, etc.
- Co-location to identify "burner" phones and potential meetings.
- Comparison with surveillance, CCTV, ANPR, handset downloads.
- Scenario exercise, involving the production of an evidential attribution report and an evidential sequence of events report.